The Pilates Method is a non-impact fitness routine with an emphasis on gaining flexibility, strength, balance and co-ordination.
Pronounced “pil-lah-tees” this unique method was developed in the early 1900’s by Joseph Pilates. During World War I Joseph Pilates redesigned hospital beds by adding springs and pulleys for the injured to exercise. This equipment became the Pilates equipment used today.
Popular with the dance industry and Hollywood stars, Pilates is a safe and effective way to stretch, strengthen and tone your body without adding bulk and stressing the joints.
The Pilates method is a non impact form of exercise that focuses on developing physical characteristics such as:
• core strength and stability
• balance and coordination
• increased flexibility
• increased muscular tone and endurance
• improved posture and alignment
• enhanced athletic performance
Other health related benefits include:
• relief from stress
• increased energy levels
• heightened body awareness and sex life
• reduced chronic back pain
• reduced joint impact
• prevention of injury
• speedy recovery from injury, surgery or birth
“Physical fitness is the first pre requisite of happiness”